John Herrmann is a Partner and SVP, Oncology with Catenion Inc., Boston and lives in Winchester MA adjacent to the energetic biotech corridor of Cambridge/Boston.
- Chief Strategy Officer and SVP Oncology, Elstar Therapeutics
- Chief Scientific Officer, External Innovation, Eli Lilly & Co.
- Dir. Search & Evaluation (Serono/Merck-KGaA)
- SVP Discovery, CEPTYR Inc.
- Head of Oncology, CuraGen Corp.
John earned his Ph.D. in Cancer Biology from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. His dissertation studies explored molecular mechanisms of melanoma metastasis to the central nervous system.
Following his post-doctoral studies on bcl-2 mediated drug resistance and the ubiquitin-proteasome system as a drug target including a collaboration with Proscript/Leukocyte/Millennium to understand the medical potential for PS-341 (Bortezomib/Velcade™) John was promoted to a junior research faculty at UTMDACC.
- Asset/company search & evaluation
- Competitive product positioning strategy
- Emerging drug target space and format analysis
- Competitive intelligence
- Major bio/pharma situational strategies
- Clinical trials & regulatory
In his free time, John enjoys skiing with his family/friends, fitness activities and reading books and articles on improving business strategy.