Simin Oz is an Associate with Catenion and lives in Berlin.
During her bachelors, she spent two summers at the Columbia University Medical Center working on mechanical circulatory support devices-related infections. She continued with her PhD in the Division of Epigenetics at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Heidelberg where she focused on DNA methylation alterations in the leukemia microenvironment. She stayed in the Department of Epigenomics, DKFZ for 2.5 years as a postdoctoral researcher where she continued with high-throughput omics data analyses on extensive genomic datasets of patients.
In her free time, she climbs.
Studied Biological Sciences and Bioengineering at Sabanci University, Turkey. For MSc, majored in Systems Biology at the University of Heidelberg, and continued with PhD and postdoctoral work on epigenomics at the DKFZ.
- Bioinformatics & data sciences in biopharma
- Systemic multidimensional target and indication screening & database generation
- Web-development & user-interface design
- High-throughput omics data analysis
- Multidimensional R&D project and indication valuation